There’s something about the sky and the light in October…the retreating days…the cooling ground…the twilight that seems to last forever…the falling leaves.
It makes one contemplative and thinking about taking inventory.
Here I have made a list of my favorite novels of all time:
10. The Prince of Whales, R. L. Fisher (1986)
9. An Accidental Man, Iris Murdoch (1971)
8. In the Hand of Dante, Nick Tosches (2002)
7. A Gun for Sale, Graham Greene (1936)
6. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee (1960)
5. Jazz, Toni Morrison (1992)
4. Suite Francaise, Irene Nemirovsky (2004-French edition, 2006-English Translation)
3. Dracula, Bram Stoker (1897)
2. The Power and the Glory, Graham Greene (1940)
1. Light in August, William Faulkner (1932)
What books would make your list?
Follow the link to my blog for further explanations of the choices and the reason for the list:
-D. H. Schleicher, Author of The Thief Maker